GENERAL H. hUGH SHELTON LEADERSHIP CENTER
- High school seniors interested in Army ROTC can apply for the scholarship online and designate the schools that appeal to them. Approximately thirty students will be chosen to receive interviews. The interviews will help determine who is best suited for one of the nine Cadet Command scholarships.
- National Student Leadership Scholarship
- This is one of the USA's most prestigious scholarships for student leaders. It is awarded to an entering freshman, valued at $10,000 per year, renewable upon satisfactory academic progress and leadership involvement.
- Several scholarships are awarded to young people involved in 4-H activities each year.
- Shelton/Caldwell Fellows Scholarship
- The Shelton-Caldwell Fellows Scholarship, an intensive leadership development and scholarship program, recognizes the importance of nurturing leadership and personal growth during the undergraduate years. NC State first year students will be selected through a process that includes a written application and interviews.
- Mulkey/Shelton Leadership Award
- The Mulkey/General Hugh Shelton Leadership Award recognizes a senior in the College of Engineering who has demonstrated values-based leadership as exemplified by their personal integrity, sense of responsibility, and commitment of service to others. This endowed award has been established by Barbara H. Mulkey, in honor of General Hugh Shelton, to promote the importance of values-based leadership.